Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Uneasy Times

Ever noticed how things just feel out of sorts.  Your human brain doesn't understand it.  Maybe that is the challenge.  It isn't in the brain.  It is in all of our cells, all of which have their own brain.  Working together.  In concert.

In trying to understand yesterday, I'm left with one indisputable fact.  It is time to get out of my head.  My intuitive senses were on high alert all of yesterday.  The 30 mile per hour winds were one clue.  Feeling zapped after having a more than easy and enjoyable day.  But I allowed my thoughts to wander as I sometimes do.  Around and around they went, not covering much territory.

I'm pretty okay about staying in my own space. Letting people be where they are.  There have been a few tests on that recently.  And I am thinking a whole lot about navigating my course.  Mostly how our lives are like streams.  We let the flow of them pull us here and there. Rarely do we say we want to stop and get off.  Or stay away.  I'm doing a whole lot of that now.

So in doing a whole lot of this, I must confess I got sidetracked yesterday.  It began with completing my floor exercises.  Allowing my brain to sort through noise and vibrations.  Allowing it to take me back to the familiar.  I can see it on a graph.  Lots of zig zags in nearly the same spot.   So maybe I am progressing from the hamster wheel.  If only a tad.

First it was my smaller dog's behavior.  That she hid behind furniture was highly unusual.  I thought there was some food there she was searching for.  But I don't keep food on carpeting.   When my larger dog moved to the same area after the smaller dog moved closer to my side I began to wonder.  The vibrations I was feeling were de ja vu.   It had to be the neighbor's bass in her speaker or something.  I was being academic.  Forensic.

Even when the wall in that area felt like a wave was running through it I wondered.  Then the phone rang.  Checking the United States Geological Survey Map solved the puzzle.  An earthquake.  It was 4.6 on the Richter scale but it was changed to 4.0 today.

My neighbors also confirmed the story.  It was major headlines on all the local television states. A bit out of  sorts by this time, I decided to go back home and chill.  I'd had the Piezo-electric effect the last few days, more in the early evening.  Lots today.  I had it just before an aftershock about noon in a restaurant in town.  Few felt it. I was tuned. Appreciative.  Adjusted.

It's time to pay attention.  To watch the signals.  To be in the moment.  To be grateful it wasn't worse.  It is also time to readjust my wall pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment