Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ever Notice?

Did you ever notice the quickening of extreme, negative, and violent news in the last few years.  I do not believe it is just happenstance, or that if it bleeds it leads.  I think there is more going on.

Cover-ups?  Distract the people?  You bet!

Now it is suggested Beyonce had something to do with the electrical outage at the Super Bowl? Or that the 49ers needed time to recoil.  Or?  How about just keep the people in continual distraction maybe?

It will well nigh time to teach the media how to treat the folks who pay their bills. Watch less tv except of course for Downton Abbey.  I am up to episode seven in the third season.  I love local newspapers, I admire them covering investigations, exposing criminal behavior and human interest stories.  The latter is my favorite. I like to see goodness encouraged at all levels. 

I haven't watched the news in over a decade.  I wasn't a regular watcher before, either.  Nor am I any kind of a news junkie.  Sounds awful.  Who wants to be a sieve anyway.  I'd rather focus my efforts on humor, hugging and humanity.  And all living things. Protecting our planet. 

Ever notice how you spend your day?  How you spend your thoughts?  I don't want to repeat 95% of yesterday's thoughts unless they are effective and loving ones.

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment