Monday, September 24, 2012

The Summer of 1967

Graduation from high school.  I couldn't wait to spend the summer in the house.  Alone.  After all, I was taking college courses and my Mom was away on a National Science Foundation grant.  I didn't want to go on this one.

It had been a hard week at work waitressing. I was more than drained.  Studying at night, classes during the day.  After a week or so of doing this, one night I literally dropped in bed fully clothed.  I awakened three days later, having slept two straight nights.

When I finally awakened, I noticed two days worth of newspapers outside.  I called a friend to find out what happened and to ascertain what the day and date were.  I couldn't believe I was THAT tired.   When I realized I had lost two days I couldn't understand it.  Even though I have always believed in UFOs I didn't think I had been abducted.  Not then.

I grew up in a modest community, 300 cape cod homes, lined up like desks in a classroom.  All the same color, vintage 1952 suburbia.  The mass exodus from the cities. 

This is the cape cod home where I lived.  And my high school prom date.  A real comedian.  I had the best evening with him.We laughed most of the night.  A fun date.

Mom made the dress.  Note the long gloves. And high hair.  95 pounds, too.

So at 95 pounds, I awakened from this sleep more than starved.  It took a week to quench my appetite. For many years I wondered about that experience.  I also wondered about all the dreams as a young child of flying.  Mostly on a big red ball.  I saw things most children of my age couldn't see.

There have been incidents over the years I have wondered about.  I will write about them as they come back to me. Then there are the dreams where I can not move.  Where the pain is horrific. 

But there is one vivid one. This occurred during the third week of April this past year.   I was in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  What is significant is that on several occasions in my life, in my dream I am trapped.  I can't get away.  This happened one night when I was staying with a friend.  They heard me whimper, "help."  I could hear myself while I was having this 'dream.' But this time I had confirmation.  Someone else heard me.  I called out a few times. That I remember this is important.  And a beginning.

Now I wonder about the UFO sighting July 20, 2010 and ten consecutive nights of awakening at two seconds before 1 a.m.

Where did I go?




No comments:

Post a Comment